Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Loading packages on octave for Chrome Crostini

I installed octave on my chromebook..but was having trouble installing packages.  I had to install this first from within a terminal window in crostini:
  • sudo apt-get install liboctave-dev
It took a while to install, but this allows octave to call mkoctfile command that compiles packages.
Once I installed this, I was able to install the control toolbox in octave by:

1) Find the package you want and download the package from here:
https://octave.sourceforge.io/packages.php    for instance,  control-3.1.0.tar.gz

2) The actual octave install command is this pkg install control-3.1.0.tar.gz

3) Once this was installed, I could install the signal package signal-1.4.0.tar.gz

sudo apt-get install liboctave-dev

No comments:

Post a Comment