Thursday, June 18, 2020

Restore advanced power options if they are removed with a windows update



If after a windows update, you lose some processor power settings, a way to get them back is to do the following:

Use Regedit and change the below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
Change the value of the key CsEnabled from 1 to 0 and reboot.

1 means connected standby enabled and 0 disabled. Eg. power settings will come back if you set to 0.

One warning though, when I did this, everytime I closed my laptop, it would hang...so I first made this change (allowed me to edit power settings).  I then turned off the option (e.g. set it back to 1), so that my laptop would not hang when I closed it...

https://www.techidiots.net/notes/windows-10/enable-missing-power-profiles-power-saver-high-performance

-The Dr.

No comments:

Post a Comment