Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Loading the HDGrandSlam.bundle into Plex server plug-ins on QNAP NAS

I was interested in using the Plex media server running on my QNAP to view the channels from my hdhomerun prime.  In order to do this, you must install the HDGrandSlam.bundle directory from here:
https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/229258/rel-hdgrandslam-plex-channel-interface-for-hdhomerun-tuners-dvrs

Once I downloaded the zip file, I renamed the file from HDGrandSlam.bundle-1.6.2.zip to HDGrandSlam.bundle.zip

I copied the zip file from my windows box into the Public folder on the QNAP.
More specifically, I opened the file manager in windows and pointed it to //192.168.1.30  and this is what you see in the windows file manager:




Once you have this access to the QNAP just drag and drop the zip file to the Public folder.
I then SSH'd (you have to enable this) into the QNAP using the windows putty program and moved the file from Public to:
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/PlexMediaServer/Library/Plex media Server/Plug-ins
I then unzipped it in place
You must then stop and restart the Plex server.  This can be done by going into the "AppCenter" on your QNAP finding the Plex icon, then click stop.  I will take several seconds to stop the service.  Once stopped simply press start.

I opened Plex using Microsoft Edge.
I clicked on Channels and HDGrandSlam appeared.
I clicked down to Recordings and Live TV 
No go I received the "This server is not powerful enough to convert video"
This may be because of the settings I am using I have set the server to display 720p 
and the video was 480p so it had to transcode the video to the "desired" play format.

No comments:

Post a Comment