Saturday, March 3, 2018

Ebay selling nightmare - DO NOT SELL ON EBAY! IT MAY COST YOU!

I listed an old hp computer on ebay.  It had a problem where every once in a while, the touch screen would stop responding.  Sometimes it was difficult to get it working again, by moving your fingers over the screen while it was booting up.  I listed the device for sale, saying in the listing that the touch screen does not work properly, in that it stops responding sometimes.  I listed it as "as is" in the advertisement and marked it as no returns.

A buyer bought it.  I booted the device up one last time before shipping it to the customer. Everything was working fine, including the touch screen.  I shipped it to the buyer.  The buyer received it and after a day, sent me an email and a return notice that the device will not boot.  I emailed him that he needs to hold the power button for more than 5 seconds before it will boot.  He said nothing happened.  I said did you plug it in and try holding the power button?  He said yes, and that nothing happened.

I believe the seller bought the product, received it, broke it or now doesn't want to keep it, so he simply said it won't boot.  Ebay withdrew the money from my paypal account AND the buyer still has the tablet!  I am currently out $140 (money, tablet)!

Let me get this straight, I have been an Ebay seller since 1998, with 100% positive feedback since then, and they are believing the buyer over me! Ebay is forcing me to accept a return on a device that I sold as is, marked as no returns, and checked it working perfectly  when I shipped it!  They are also making me pay for shipping both ways!!

Ebay used to be a great place to sell and buy items.  Now, it is loaded with scammers and dishonest people!  Please be careful of the people you are buying from and selling to on Ebay!  Also, watch out for Ebay itself!  It says "you are covered" by their insurance policies, when in actuality, they take it out of the seller's hide!

I will never sell on Ebay again.

No comments:

Post a Comment